Last Updated: April 18, 2017
This is an application I’ve been working on for a while. It's called 3D Fix Manager and the reason I developed it is that I wanted to have a more comfortable way for installing 3D Vision Fixes and and an easier method for editing hotkeys in order to change 3D separation / convergence settings.
So which features does 3D Fix Manager provide?
- Download, install and uninstall 3D Vision fixes with only 1 click
- Clear GUI
- Comfortable hotkey editing for changing 3d separation / convergence in game
- Automatic detection of installed 3D Vision games
- Start games directly in 3D Fix Manager
- Auto backups of hotkeys / ini files
- Auto enable Nvidia Stereosopic 3D when starting a game
- Auto installation of 3D profiles with Nvidia Profile Inspector when starting a game
- RivaTuner Statistics Server support. Dynamically load or close RTSS when launching a game for improving performance in Stereo 3D
- Auto disable 3D Fixes when playing in 2D mode
- Auto update for new fixes
- Auto update for new program versions
Currently more than 500 fixes from helixmod.blogspot are supported by 3D Fix Manager. This includes Helix Mod (DirectX 9), 3dMigoto (DirectX 11) and OpenGL 3D Vision Wrapper.
- Hotkey editing is only available for Helix Mod and 3dMigoto fixes at the moment. Hotkey support for OpenGL fixes may come in the future.
- A detailed manual can be found here. Please have a look to the section "Problems and Solutions" if you experience any issues
- The Main Thread about 3D Fix Manager can be found here
- Extract file archive. If you want to keep old hotkey backups from previous versions then extract the archive over the old program folder and replace files
- Optional: Download and install RivaTuner Statistics Server for accessing all features in 3D Fix Manager. RTSS eliminates micro stuttering, reduces input lag and improves frametimes in Stereo 3D mode
- Start the application with "3DFixManager.exe"
- Optional: Give admin rights to the application (right click on exe / run as admin). The application needs admin rights for dynamically detecting processes like Trinus VR / Tridef and for installing fixes to protetected folders like c:\program files
Change Notes Version 1.16:
- New: Another driver profile can be installed when starting a game in 2D mode
- New: Global settings for Nvidia Profile Inspector in Settings tab
- New: Installation of driver profiles can be controlled by individual fix profile
- Bugfix: Driver profiles could not be installed when path to .nip file contained empty spaces
Change Notes Version 1.15 (April 15, 2017):
- New: Nvidia Profile Inspector included in 3D Fix Manager
- New: Option for adding Nvidia Inspector 3D profile files (".nip") for individual fix profiles
- New: Automatic installation of 3D profiles via .nip files and Nvidia Profile Inspector
- New: Option for defining arguments for Game Launcher Exe in Fix Profile Tab
- New: When arguments are defined for Game Launcher exe then the game always starts with defined exe instead of Steam App ID
- New: A second ini / cfg file can be modified now in Fix Profile tab
- New: Creation of an "error_log.txt" file if application crashes on startup
- Changed: Adjusted tooltip for "Relative Game Ini Path" with a little bit more explanation
- Bugfix: when installing a fix the checkbox "Enable Fix" was not initialized
Change Notes Version 1.14 (April 02, 2017):
- New: Games can be started either in 3D or 2D
- New: When starting a game in 2D mode the fix and Nvidia Stereoscopic 3D are disabled automatically
- New: Improved startup speed of 3D Fix Manager. Make sure to install the latest fix profiles (version 1.17) to improve speed
- New: Last selected game is remembered the next time you start 3D Fix Manager
- Changed: Extracting fixes won't block the UI any more. Progress of extraction is being displayed with a progressbar now
- Changed: Global switch for disabling / enabling all fixes can be controlled via buttons in "Settings" tab now
- Changed: Duplicate instances of 3D Fix Manager are closed directly. The first instance gets active at top
- Changed: When changing monitor refresh rate cmd popup is suppressed
- Bugfix: Extracting fixes should not crash the application any more
- Bugfix: Fixed a rare bug in detecting ini files of 3D fixes
Change Notes Version 1.13 (March 29, 2017):
- New: Auto update feature for 3D Fix Manager (update process is completely automated now)
- New: Auto disable Nvidia Stereoscopic 3D when closing 3D Fix Manager
Change Notes Version 1.12 (March 25, 2017):
- New: Added an option in settings tab for preferring Game Launcher Exe information over Steam App ID for launching games
- Bugfix: Fixed a crash when defining more than 9 hotkeys for the old version of HelixMod (DirectX 9)
Change Notes Version 1.11 (March 15, 2017):
- New: Option for setting 3D Vision / 3DTV Play as preferred stereo 3D mode. This fixes the issue for some users when 3D Vision Discover (anaglyph) is being defaulted in Nvidia Control Panel over and over agin.
Change Notes Version 1.1 (March 14, 2017):
- New: RivaTuner Statistics Server support. 3D Fix Manager dynamically starts / closes RTSS when launching a game
- New: Start / close behaviour of RTSS can be controlled by individual fix profile settings
- New: Automatically enable Nvidia Stereoscopic 3D when launching a game
- New: Automatically set monitor refresh rate to 120 Hz when enabling Nvidia Stereo 3D (fixes Windows 10 blackscreen issue when closing games and high idle clocks for GPU)
- New: Automatically set monitor refresh rate to a user defined value when disabling Stereo 3D
- New: Any game can be added to 3D Fix Manager now. Even those games for which there is no 3D Fix available
- New: When no download link is specified in fix profile the download fix-button will be hidden in the GUI.
- Added 30 fix profiles for games which are rated as "3D Vision Ready" by Nvidia and don't require a 3D fix to work (e.g. Max Payne 3, Tomb Raider (2013), Trine 2,...)
- Minor improvements for the GUI
Change Notes Version 1.09 (March 06, 2017):
- Improved automatic update mechanism for fix profiles. User can decide if he wants to keep customized profiles
- New: Installation of Hitman Fix completely automated
- New: Sending user feedback can be disabled in 'Settings' tab
- Changed: "Custom Install Path" in fix profile must always point to the root folder of the game now. If the fix has to be installed in a subfolder this information can be added via "Relative Install Path"
Change Notes Version 1.08 (March 01, 2017):
- Improved capability for changing game settings files. Now cfg files can be changed in addition to ini files.
- New: Auto feedback when user makes changes to fix profile settings. This helps me to get notified when a fix profile needs additional information / is wrong or needs an update.
- Bugfix: Fixed a crash when typing in reserved characters in search field.
- Bugfix: Sometimes the wrong hotkey for Xbox Controller was selected in dropdown list
Change Notes Version 1.07 (February 21, 2017):
- New: Icon in "Installation" tab added for indicating if the fix runs out of the box / needs further installation steps (I've tagged a few games for this. Help by the community is appreciated to complete this for other fixes)
- New: User can define in fix profile if manual steps are required for installing a fix / fix is broken / fix runs out of the box
- New: After every Nvida driver installation the user is asked if he wants to run 3D Vision setup or if he likes to skip it by automatically setting registry keys
- New: When user starts another instance of the application the new one is automatically closed
- Bugfix: User_disabled.cfg is deleted now when uninstalling a fix
- Bugfix: "No installed games found" - label was displayed in "Settings" tab when no games were installed
Change Notes Version 1.06 (February 18, 2017):
- New: Installation of fixes further improved by automatically making required changes to ini files (e.g. Outlast, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter and over 40 more games automated by this)
- New: When uninstalling a fix the game ini file is reseted to original values
- New: User can define in fix profile how to edit game ini file
- New: Fixes can be disabled for individual games
- Changed: No bat files used any more for enabling / disabling 3D Vision
- Bugfix: Fixed a crash when application was launched without internet connection
- Bugfix: Fixed a crash when update server was not available
- Bugfix: Fixed a crash in Edit profile" tab when user tried to set a filename in relative install path
- Bugfix: Fixed a potential crash when searching for installed games in windows registry
Change Notes Version 1.05 (February 08, 2017):
- Slightly improved detection of installed games
- New: Checkbox for disabling Steam overlay
- New: Window size and position is remembered when restarting the application
- New: User can define a game exe file for launching games when there is no "Start Game" button
- New: Button for going to Helixmod Blog
- Changed: Increased maximum value from 1000 ms to 2000 ms for hotkey delay sliders
- Changed: Dialog windows are opened at the center of the application instead of the center of the screen
- Changed: Options in settings tab are saved to XML instead of an ini file now
- Changed: "Search Game" button is being disabled now when no search paths are defined
- Bugfix: Checkbox "Enable Fixes" was not initialized correctly when starting the application
- Bugfix: When user clicked on install path for opening window explorer the game was sometimes launched accidentially
- Bugfix: When search paths were enabled and the name of a fix profile was changed the user had to press button "Search Game" again to see correct results
- Bugfix: Tooltip for Steam App ID in "Edit Profile" tab was not set
- Detection of installed games may fail if no corresponding registry keys could be found. To fix this either enable search paths in the application settings or set a custom install path for the individual fix profile. Please have a look in the manual (section "problems and solutions") for a more detailed information on this.
- Another reason for not detecting games is when the name of the individual fix profile does not match the title of the game retrieved from the windows registry. Try to rename the fix profile to match exactly what is listed in "Windows Control Panel / Programs"
- Please help me to improve this application by reporting bugs, wrong / outdated fix profiles or if you have any suggestions. Thank you.
- I tested the application a lot and I think it’s in a good state. However I take no responsibility if any damage should occur on your machine by using this application. Use at own risk. :)